This post is sponsored by Vitamix. My Kitchen Love has been compensated with product, although all opinions are my own.
We are big popsicle makers. Partially due to costs associated with constantly buying them, but also for nutritional content and knowing exactly what is going into my kids tummies. Flavour rotations happen hard over here, but this Creamsicle flavour was a huge hit with kids and adults alike that they remained on rotation for close to a month. These Healthy Creamsicles are made with just 4 ingredients and prepped in about 5 minutes flat thanks to the new Vitamix Ascent Series.
We make popsicles about once every 2 weeks and while we switch up the flavours, the method of making quick and smooth popsicles never changes. We’ve owned a Vitamix for a number of years and while we loved it, the new Ascent Series is quieter and my kids love watching the digital count down. The soup and ice cream functions work like a dream and we use it everyday for smoothies. It truly gets the job done. The capacity of the new canister is on point for my large batch soups and I love that the canister and now clear lid are easier to clean. Plus, it makes ice cream. I know it’s a big ticket item, but I fell in love Vitamix for good reason – it truly chews through any food you put in there. From big batch baby purée to a super smooth guac, Vitamix has been there for me.
I find popsicles to be great for numbing sore gums when my 17 month old is teething. (she’s able to hold a popsicle stick). Plus, these creamsicles are a perfect “dessert”. This is as sweet as a dessert gets at our dinner table. We usually have fresh fruit for dessert so these creamsicles seem like a huge treat to my kids. Made from fresh wholesome fruit, thick Greek yogurt, vanilla, and the smallest amount of honey (1 tsp in a batch of 10 creamsicles), I know that everyone is getting an extra boost of nutrition too. My older twins will pretty much eat anything put in front of them if they know these creamsicles are on the menu for dessert.
We will often do strawberry or blueberry flavours with yogurt or whipping cream to create a berries and cream flavour that is wildly popular as well. Other Vitamix recipes we love? How about this Cream of Leek Soup with Chorizo Croutons or this Butternut Squash Carbonara? This carbonara recipe is the getaway to getting kids to eat squash. Do you have a favourite blender recipe? I’d love to hear about it.
Serves 1 per person
Kid loving Healthy Creamsicles made with just 4 ingredients and done in 5 minutes (before freezing)!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 4 large oranges (Navel, Blue Jay, or Cara Cara ), peel removed
- 2 tsp vanilla paste (or extract), divided
- 1 cups thick Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp honey*, optional (do not use with children below the age of 1)
- Place oranges and 1 tsp of the vanilla into a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- in a small bowl whisk together yogurt, the remaining 1 tsp vanilla, and honey (if using).
- Pour orange mixture into popsicle moulds, distributing evenly so that the moulds fill about a third of the way.
- Pour yogurt mixture on top of orange mixture to the popsicle mould fill line.
- Using a chopstick or a butter knife, dip into each mould and mix slightly to push orange mixture up around the edges.
- Cover popsicle mould and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
* if your child is below the age of 1 no sweetener is required. Skip or replace with maple syrup.