Quick and easy 5 Ingredient BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadillas are made in just 15 minutes! A perfect healthy and easy meal solution for families.
There’s so much to love about BBQ pulled pork quesadillas that its difficult to start. The extreme melted cheese? The sneaky mom in me packing in extra vegetables? The mouth-watering sweet and tangy BBQ pulled pork? All these perks scream my name to be honest. I love all of it and the bonus outtakes like topping them with my favourite fruit forward salsa that pairs perfectly with BBQ pulled pork. These quesadillas are made easily and quickly thanks to Maple Foods Natural Selections Shredded Pork.
I’ve wanted to do a quesadilla recipe for a really long time, but quesadillas are usually quite time-consuming when you add a meat protein and vegetables. Time consuming and me don’t get along. I have such limited time to get a healthy and family loving recipe on the table that quesadillas fell from my radar until recently. When an all natural shredded meat option becomes available you know I’m going to love it and figure out a way to make an almost-effortless quesadilla, right?
I topped these quesadillas with my favourite salsa, this Pineapple Cucumber Salsa. It’s fantastic with the BBQ pulled pork and it’s a kid favourite around here. When my kids see BBQ pulled pork and this salsa they literally run to the table to be the first to scoop them onto their plates.
For my cheese-hating daughter I gave her a tortilla with the bbq pulled pork, bell peppers, and the salsa. She loaded it up and thoroughly enjoyed the Maple Foods Natural Selections Shredded Pork as well as the salsa and guacamole.
As we slowly settle into the routine of Autumn, it’s recipes like this that make me love going into the kitchen to cook. Less of a chore and more of a way to share conversations, moments, and joy with my family.
What’s your current go to recipe for a quick and family friendly meal?
This post is sponsored by Maple Leaf Foods as part of the #MadeLikeHomemade campaign. My Kitchen Love has been compensated monetarily and with product. Thank you for supporting brands I love and that allow My Kitchen Love to run. All opinions expressed herein are mine alone.
Yields 8 slices of quesadillas (serves 2 as a main)
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 x 200 gram package Maple Leaf Natural Selections Slow Roasted Shredded Pork
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 large red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 large flour tortilla shells
- Optional: salsa, guacamole, and extra BBQ sauce for dipping
- Toss Maple Leaf Natural Selections Slow Roasted Shredded Pork and bell pepper pieces with BBQ sauce.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet to medium and add one tortilla. Sprinkle half the tortilla lightly with 1/4 cup of cheese, top with half of the pork mixture and sprinkle with another 1/4 cup of cheese. Fold empty half of the tortilla over and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, flipping once, until exterior is browned and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with second tortilla.
- Serve warm with optional dips and sauces.