Beef Strip Loin Stroganoff is a straightforward kid-friendly meal that comes together quickly and features 100% Canadian AAA Angus Beef Strip Loin from Walmart Canada.
Who else knew that Walmart is now offering Canadian AAA Angus Beef? I’m so out of it sometimes. Life gets going and I get caught up with my kids, fundraising for the preschool, etc. Many of us lead very busy lives that I find dinner the best time to hit pause and enjoy good food with my family.
I love that Walmart is doing this! Quality beef direct from grazing farms in Canada to our table. Locally sourcing meat means that I can feel good about feeding my family with meat that comes from Canadian farms and ranches with ideal conditions for raising Angus beef cattle and supporting hard-working Canadians who care about sustainability and quality.
Why does knowing where our meat come from matter to me? Canadian Beef Farmers adhere to different guidelines (e.g. no overcrowding) and rules than other countries. In addition, buying Canadian grown beef supports our economy. Being AAA Angus beef, the strip loin I purchased was perfectly marbled for great taste, cut well, and easy to cook. It truly didn’t need anything more than salt and pepper.
And what’s not to love about butcher-quality meat that’s affordable? Walmart is firmly standing behind the introduction of a better quality meat at their same great prices; if you are not fully satisfied with the quality and freshness of any fresh beef product, simply bring it back with your receipt for a full refund.
I was pleasantly surprised to see many local products for sale at my local Walmart. The beef was a nice bonus, but I also loved seeing local non-GMO produce to complete this dish. Lots of local hothouse peppers, cucumbers, and even local mushrooms.
This recipe was shared by Walmart. I slightly adapted it to suite the ingredients available at my local Walmart and my family’s preferences. Always adapt the recipe to work for you and yours! Looking for another way to enjoy Fresh Canadian Beef? My kids still ask for me to make this Belgian Beef Stew.
Please tag me or #mykitchenlove and @WalmartCanada if you give this recipe a try. I’d love to see how you work Fresh Beef into this recipe or any of your meals.
A straightforward kid-friendly meal that comes together quickly and is such a cozy and comforting meal!
- 1.5 lbs (681 grams) 100% Canadian AAA Angus strip loin beef medallions
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper (to season beef)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 small white onion (or half of a large), finely diced
- 2 200 grams sliced brown or white mushrooms
- 1.5 cups Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1 lbs (454 grams) Egg noodles
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill (or parsley, but my kids appreciate dill more)
Season beef on both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (if you only have a small skillet cook beef in 2 batches versus 1). Add beef and sear for 3-5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Meanwhile, cook egg noodles as per package instructions. Drain and set aside.
In another pan, heat remaining 2 tbsp of oil over medium heat and add mushrooms and onions. Cook, stirring rarely for approximately 7 minutes. Mix in Greek yogurt, reduce heat, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Add noodles to yogurt mixture and stir until well combined. Transfer to a serving dish, top with beef* and sprinkle with chopped dill.
* I usually pre-cut meat into long thin slices before bringing it to the table to serve family style. This makes it easier to divide amongst family members who eat various amounts of meat and different total quantities of food (baby vs adult).
* This post is sponsored by Walmart Canada’s “100% Canadian AAA Angus Beef” program. In exchange for this post, I have received perks in the form of products and/or compensation. All opinions on this blog are my own.