These Crispy Salt-and-Vinegar Potatoes are made with 4 simple pantry ingredients to take potatoes from the usual everyday to wow.
I’m in potato love. I’ve made this recipe at least twice per month since it came out. The potatoes are crispy on the outside with a soft fluffy interior seasoned with flaky sea salt and vinegar. It’s the best fish and chips you’ll eat without the fish.
We eat a ton of potatoes around here … I’m Scottish what can I say? My go to of a quick bake in the oven with olive oil, seasoning salt, and crushed red pepper flakes has been formally replaced by this recipe.
Looking for another flavour bomb for potatoes? Check out this One Pan Harissa Chicken, Potatoes and Veg recipe. The potatoes are insanely good.
Yields 4 servings
Crispy Salt-and-Vinegar Potatoes made with 4 simple pantry ingredients to take potatoes from the usual everyday to wow.
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, halved or quartered if larger in size (I've used small nugget potatoes, halved, or creamers as shown in the photo but most potatoes will work if you're consistent with their size)
- 1 cup, plus 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Chives, sliced for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Add potatoes, 1 cup vinegar, and kosher salt in a large pot. Cover by 2" with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain, allowing the steam to dry the potatoes for a minute or two.
- Heat butter in a larger frying pan to medium hight heat. Add potatoes and season with kosher salt and pepper. Fry potatoes until golden brown and crisp.
- Place in a serving dish and top with 2 tbsp vinegar, chives, and flaky sea salt.
Recipe from: Bon Appetit
*This recipe’s photos were updated July 2017.