How to bake lamb chops is all about a fail-proof method to get juicy lamb chops! Bursting with flavours the entire family will love.
Lamb Chops are a great quick and easy protein to add to the dinner table. I turn to lamb chops at least once per month to provide an alternate protein that goes well with easy sides. These chops are what I make when I want a dinner my family will love.
The longer the marinade, the more flavour in the lamb, BUT, don’t that stop you from making this recipe. It’s so easy and rewarding to make that it’s worth the two minutes to prep the marinade. The entire recipe (marinade included) is 5 ingredients. That’s correct five.
The entire cooking process is less than 20 minutes which means a brief tango with some marinade and these chops on be on the table in under 40 minutes. Not to shabby for a hearty protein.
Can you cook lamb chops in the oven? You betcha! They do need a quick sear on the stove top to start with to lock in all the juices and any flavours from marinading that may have been done. The pan that the lamb is seared in goes from stove to oven so there’s no extra dishes floating around either. One recipe, one pan. Just the way I like it.
Finishing the cooking process in the oven is a great way to have a hands off protein all cooked up quickly and without much attention.
Best side dishes for lamb?
- For our family with small (preschool aged) children, couscous and a simple salad go a long way with lamb.
- Potatoes are always brilliant with lamb and these Crispy Salt and Vinegar Potatoes are such fun and hit with kids and adults alike.
- Polenta is one of my favourite sides to go with lamb. Polenta Fries are a great way to introduce prolenta to littles, although this Polenta is never far from my mind.
- Other sides dishes that pair well with lamb include: roasted carrots, lemon potatoes, minty peas, rice, and orzo pasta dishes. Oregano and mint are BFFs with lamb so don’t be shy about adding some great flavour to any recipe you team up with these chops.
How to bake juicy lamb chops!
- 8 medium lamb chops, around 700 grams
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 thin lemon slices
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
In a large freezer bag or glass dish, mix together salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon slices, garlic, and oregano. Add lamb chops and marinate for 20 minutes to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 400° F .
Place pan in oven for 8-10 minutes (or until chops are 140° F in the thickest part).
Remove from oven and let rest for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.