Crispy tender Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with bright lemony flavour. The perfect side dish for a Sunday Supper or the Holidays.
These Lemony Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts are exactly what your dinner (or holiday!) table is calling for.
Some zest thanks to lemon juice, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside potatoes, and ultra crispy (no soggy ones here) Brussels Sprouts.
A side dish with a scrumptious result for your (minimal) kitchen efforts? Let’s get cooking!
This Sheet Pan Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes use a red creamer potato Blushing Belle. They’re a beautiful red tender-skinned Creamer potato which makes this a red and green side dish perfect for the Holidays.
Any creamer, baby, nugget or even fingerling potato will work well in this roasted potatoes and brussels sprouts recipe.
Substitutions / Variations:
- Potatoes: while a red creamer potato was used in this recipe, any smaller sized potato will work well.
- Brussels Sprouts: while they can be polarizing (even in this house, I adore them, my husband does not) broccoli makes for the best substitute.
- Garlic: skip if you’re not feeling it.
- Olive oil: any vegetable oil such as Canola, Grapeseed, Avocado, or sunflower will work.
- Lemon: I don’t recommend a variation on this ingredient, it makes the potatoes sing and Brussels Sprouts shine.
Should you boil the potatoes before roasting?
Nope! Creamer potatoes are so convenient in their size for roasting purposes that that they eliminate the need to be boiled before roasting.
How do you roast Brussels Sprouts so that they are not soggy?
Using a large enough sheet pan (or two if necessary) is the key to keep the Brussels Sprouts from getting soggy during roasting.
The Brussels Sprouts need to have space between them and the other ingredients to allow for them to crisp up and prevent them from steaming.
A little space to breathe, some high oven temperature, and a touch of oil will create the crispy Brussels Sprout side dish you’re looking for.
Other Roasted Potato Side Dishes:
- 5-Ingredient Muffin Tin Potatoes
- Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
- Crispy Salt and Vinegar Potatoes
- Muffin Tin Christmas Potatoes
Crispy Lemony Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts.
- 1.5 lbs Creamer Potatoes*, halved
- 1 lbs Brussels Sprouts, bottoms trimmed and halved
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced about 2 tbsp lemon juice
Preheat oven to 425° F and line one large or two small sheet pans with non-stick paper.
In a large bowl, stir together oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and Brussels Sprouts and toss until well coated.
Place on baking sheet(s) and roast for 20-30 minutes**.
Carefully remove from oven and coat in lemon juice. Serve hot.
* or any Creamer, fingerling, baby or nugget potato.
** You can flip the potatoes and Brussels Sprouts at the 10 or 15 minute mark if you wish, I prefer that one side gets ultra crispy and this allows the oven to remain at temperature the entire cooking period.