One Pot Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Pasta is made in under 30 minutes and is bursting with flavour. A family friendly weeknight recipe!
This One Pot Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Pasta has secured a role in our regular meal planning. The appealing flavours of roasted red pepper and tomato, combined with an easy one pot recipe makes this a dish the entire family has fallen in love with. I do have to say that falling in love with a Campbell’s recipe is not new to me.
I remember getting home from school or soccer practice and opening the door to my house when I was young teenager. I can still remember (and crave) pork chops and rice with Campbell’s Mushroom Soup. The smell alone of Campbell’s Condensed Soups brings me right back to a childhood dish of pure comfort food. It was one of only a handful of recipes my mom could cook that we all enjoyed. To this day, I still find this dish mouth-watering and delicious.
That’s the thing about Campbell’s Condensed Soups; they’re a great way to impart big family-friendly flavours with ease and speed. Add to rice, pasta, and many other grains for a surefire way to make dinner tastier and faster. For over 40 years, Campbell’s has taken Canadian grown vegetables and canned them for easy and delicious meals, whether it be as a soup or in a recipe. Since Campbell’s is free of artificial colours and preservatives, it gets my mom vote as well.
The leaves have started to change with the return to school and the fading of summer sun. I’m welcoming the fresh start that the new school year brings with cozy and yet simple dishes like this one. I find my kids are facing the emotional upheaval of new classrooms, teachers, and friends. I need all the time I can get to be there for them emotionally while still nourishing them with wholesome food. Over two-thirds of Campbell’s Soups offer one full serving of vegetables to boost each meal into the wholesome category.
Do you have a Campbell’s Soup childhood favourite? I’d love to hear about it. Be sure to tag your recipes #CookWithCampbells and #MyKitchenLove so we can see your best-loved dishes!
This post is sponsored by Campbell’s Soup as part of the Condensed Soup campaign. My Kitchen Love has been compensated monetarily and with product. Thank you for supporting brands I love that help keep My Kitchen Love running. All opinions expressed herein are my own.
This video was filmed by My Kitchen Love and edited by Yasmin Ezzat in a joint collaboration.
Serves 6-8 for dinner
One Pot Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Pasta is made in under 30 minutes with little prep and hardly any dishes!!
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 lbs / 454 gr. mild Italian Sausage, casings removed and broken into large chunks
- 1 medium yellow (cooking) onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or minced
- 1 x 284 mL can Campbell's condensed Roasted Rad Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 1 x 900 mL Campbell's No Added Salt (or Low Sodium) Chicken Broth
- 1 cup / 250 mL heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lbs / 454 gr. dried fusilli pasta
- 1 large red bell pepper, roughly chopped into 1" cubed pieces
- Heat a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon for 3-4 minutes or until meat starts to turn brown.
- Meanwhile, chop onion, garlic, bell pepper.
- Add onion to pot and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until onion begins to soften and turn translucent. Add garlic, mix, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Campbell's Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup, Campbell's Chicken Broth, cream, oregano, salt, pepper, and fusilli. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add bell pepper pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.