Juicy Peri Peri Chicken and Potatoes that taste so DELISH! Smokey, yet balanced Peri Peri marinade take this easy grilling recipe to another level.
This post is in partnership and sponsored by The Little Potato Company as part of their Brand Ambassador Program. My Kitchen Love has been compensated monetarily and with product. We only support brands we love and cook with at home.
A juicy grilled chicken dish paired with some flavourful potatoes is exactly what my grilling scene needs this Summer.
These Grilled Peri Peri Chicken and Potatoes were everything I was looking for when I wanted a restaurant version from the comforts of home. This easy grilling recipe is straightforward, quick to cook, and has minimal prep. All without sacrificing flavour.
What is Peri Peri Seasoning made out of?
Peri Peri seasoning is primarily made out of spicy chili peppers and other herbs and spices.
Here I used some vinegar and honey to balance the flavours and compliment the chicken and potatoes.
Substitutions / Variations:
- I used Boomer Gold Little Potatoes from The Little Potato Company in this recipe to showcase the deep seasoning of the Peri Peri Sauce and for easy of preparation (no peeling or washing required), however any of the Creamer potatoes will work well (such as Blushing Belle, Dynamic Duo, etc.).
- Chicken breasts and legs can replace the chicken thighs, be sure to adjust your cooking time accordingly – all chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165° F (the best way to determine the temperature is with a meat thermometer).
- Traditional Peri Peri calls for Bird’s Eye Chilies which were challenging for me to source. I used and in the photos show Thai Chilies which are similar but are not nearly as spicy as Bird’s Eye Chilies.
- Serving this easy recipe to a picky eater or anyone who can’t handle spice? Simply skip the chilies and cayenne pepper all together and use mild or sweet paprika.
What to serve with Peri Peri Chicken and Potatoes:
- Salad! Something like this crunchy and refreshing Cucumber Salad or even this Chopped Salad that we eat a few times per week.
- Steamed Broccoli is a classic for good reason; kids adore it, it’s easy to prep, and it goes with most grilling recipes like this one.
- Adding some zucchini and bell peppers to the potato foil pack would make this a complete meal thanks to the power house Little Potatoes and all the nutritional value they are loaded with (like calcium and fibre).
More chicken and potato recipes:
- Sheet Pan Chicken, Potatoes, and Broccoli (3-ways)
- 4-Ingredient Roast Chicken, Potatoes and Veg
- Cheesy Chicken and Potato Bake
- Buffalo Chicken Smashed Potatoes
Juicy, flavourful, Peri Peri Chicken and Potatoes with a smokey, yet balanced Peri Peri marinade take this easy grilling recipe to another level.
- 1.5 lbs Boomer Gold Little Potatoes*, halved
- 1.5 lbs chicken thighs approximately 4-6 medium sized chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 medium bird's eye chilies optional
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika sweet, mild or hot all work
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
Preheat a grill or oven to 400° F.
In a small bowl mix together marinade (oil, chilies (if using), garlic, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt, oregano, basil, vinegar, honey and cayenne pepper). Place half the marinade (approximately 2-3 tablespoons) in a glass dish or a Ziplock bag and marinade chicken while potatoes start cooking (or overnight if desired).
Place potatoes in a foil pack with remaining half of marinade and grill or bake for 20 minutes. Flip.
Remove chicken from marinade and discard the meat marinade. Place chicken skin down on grill or in oven at this 20 minute mark.
Carefully turn chicken over after 8 minutes and continue to grill or bake chicken and potatoes for 8-10 more minutes (ensuring chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165° F). Remove chicken from oven, covering with foil for 5 minutes to allow to rest.
Remove potatoes from oven and serve with chicken.
- or any other Little Potatoes Creamer potatoes