“Instant” Miso Ramen with Poached Eggs is the quick and easy answer to Meatless Mondays! Made in under 15 minutes, these flavourful noodles are topped with a poached egg and vegetables, a wholesome ramen recipe.
Winter is very much upon us on the West coast. We’ve already had snow! In November! Ok, it was a light dusting vs the normal heavy wet stuff we get, but nonetheless, it is cold here.
Especially, for my very West coast bones. There isn’t much else that can warm me up like a lovely bowl of ramen. It makes me extra warm that this “Instant” Miso Ramen with Poached Eggs is SO quick and easy!
Dishes like this can be used as a noodle and broth base and then topped with whatever you’d like to clean out the fridge with.
Obviously, it’ll taste better with vegetables that work together with ramen flavours, but there’s nothing wrong with throwing some shredded carrot or thinly sliced cucumber on top if that’s all you have in the fridge.
This post was updated November 2017 with new photos and some additional text.
Yields 4 servings
Serves 4 servings as a main dish
"Instant" Miso Ramen with Poached Eggs is the quick and easy answer to Meatless Mondays! Made in under 15 minutes, these flavourful noodles are topped with a poached egg and vegetables. PLUS, it's a ONE POT meal!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh finely grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb or 8 oz. of ramen noodles, (4 squares of dried ramen noodles)
- 225 gr or about 1/2 lb baby bok choy, leaves separated, baby spinach or micro greens
- 4 eggs
- Optional garnishes: Chili sauce, toasted sesame oil, green onions, and/or seared mushrooms.
- Whisk stock, miso, soy, ginger and garlic together in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cover, cooking until noodles begin to soften 1-2 minutes. Stir to separate noodles.
- Reduce heat to low and crack eggs into noodles, being careful not to break yolks (you may want to wait for the liquid to reduce in temp so it's not at a rolling boil). Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide into 4 bowls and garnish as desired.