Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus are a deliciously wholesome side dish. Lemony bright and garden herb flavour create a beautiful and scrumptious vegetable side dish.
This post is in partnership and sponsored by The Little Potato Company as part of their Brand Ambassador Program. My Kitchen Love has been compensated monetarily and with product. We only support brands we love and cook with at home.
A bright gorgeous side dish that takes potatoes into the “when are we making these again?!” category.
This Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus dish is easily whipped up with 3 simple ingredients and is packing loads of flavour.
How do I make crispy potatoes? Truly, there’s not much I love more than crispy Creamer potatoes.
I find that potatoes paired with a fat of some sort (butter, oil, etc.) and a high heat take the potatoes to ultra-crispy level each and every time.
What goes well with asparagus? Potatoes! Obviously 😉
A Spring-focused breakfast hash with potatoes and asparagus would be beyond yum. A spin on this Easy Breakfast Skillet that is such a breeze to whip up when using Creamer potatoes.
What do you eat roast potatoes with?
Thank to the seasoning pack in these Lemon and Garden Herb Potatoes it makes pairing Creamer potatoes them so easy – you can toss your protein in the seasoning to make the meal cohesive and delicious.
No peeling or washing required with these Creamer potatoes making prep time minimal and almost effortless.
Substitutions and variations:
- Asparagus not your thing? Swap out with broccoli or cauliflower florets and adjust the cooking time as necessary.
- If you’re short on time, the potatoes can be microwaved for 3 minutes before roasting.
- A full microwaved side dish has the potatoes cooked on high for 2 minutes and asparagus added for 3 more minutes (on high as well).
- Olive oil can be swapped out with another vegetable oil like grapeseed oil or avocado oil or even butter if that’s more your jam.
- While I used the Lemon & Garden Herb Microwave Ready Little Potatoes from The Little Potato Company for a Spring-focused dish, any of the microwave or oven/grill Creamer potatoes will work well (such as Onion & Chive or Garlic Parsley).
Be sure to tag @MyKitchenLove if you make this recipe – I’d love to see your creations.
A bright and vibrant Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus side dish.
- 1 lbs Lemon & Garden Herb Microwave Ready Little Potatoes*
- 1 lbs asparagus (about 1 bunch)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Line a baking sheet with non-stick paper or tin foil and preheat oven or grill to 400° F.
Remove seasoning pack from potatoes and add olive oil, asparagus and seasoning to potatoes**. Place only potatoes on prepared baking sheet (reserve asparagus).
Place potatoes in oven and roast for 25 minutes. Carefully remove baking sheet from oven and add asparagus to the pan. Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is still bright green, but tender and potatoes are also tender on the inside and crispy on the exterior.
Serve immediately with lemon slices as garnish if desired.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days and can be reheated in the oven or microwave.
* while I used the Lemon & Garden Herb Microwave Ready Little Potatoes from The Little Potato Company for a Spring-focused dish, any of the microwave or oven/grill Creamer potatoes will work well (such as Onion & Chive or Garlic Parsley).
** see notes in blog post above to cut down on cooking time by utilizing the microwave.