Calling all parents! A 30 minute sheet pan gnocchi meal that your entire family will enjoy. Crispy gnocchi, mild Italian sausage, and broccoli with lemon is a perfect busy weeknight recipe.
Oh how I love it when a dreamy dinner comes together that everyone likes. Dinners don’t get much better than that, do they? No kids whining, no running back and forth between the table and the fridge (scrounging to find something else, anything else! that the adorable rug rats will eat).
This Sheet Pan Gnocchi recipe truly has it all. First things first, it’s crispy (read on more about this specific piece below as it truly elevates the dish). It’s got a load of tasty vegetables in the form of lemon broccoli. Finally, it’s got a mild and yet still flavourful Italian sausage to punch out some protein.
And as far as sheet pan gnocchis go, this one is made in about 30 minutes with no other sides or dishes. Yup, one pan (and we mean it!) and 30 minutes. I’m excited just typing about it.
I do offer my girls some plain Greek yogurt on the side to act as a dipping sauce if they need it. Sometimes the great flavour of Italian sausage gets confused with being S-P-I-C-Y.
To get this sheet pan gnocchi crispy the trick is to start the gnocchi and the sausage off in the oven first, adding the broccoli a little bit over halfway. This allows the gnocchi a chance to crisp up in the juices rendered down by the sausage.
What you need to make this Sheet Pan Gnocchi:
- 1 sheet pan: this doesn’t have to be fancy. Use any baking sheet you’d like. And line with parchment paper or foil if you’d like to cut down on clean up even more!
- Gnocchi: we’re more partial to mini gnocchi in this household, but any gnocchi will work. Some of the sheet pan gnocchis that are new in the grocery store, deliver a good result.
- The sausage and broccoli are fairly easy to substitute if they aren’t your thing. Asparagus, cauliflower, a mix of zucchini and bell peppers will all do the job nicely for a vegetable in this recipe. Sausage as well, pick your favourite and ensure it’s cooked through.
More one pan recipes we love:
- Sheet Pan Chicken, Potatoes and Broccoli
- Baked Gnocchi with Butternut Squash and Kale
- Sheet Pan Salmon, Lentils, and Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Sausage, Peaches, and Peppers
- Cheesy Chicken and Potato Bake
Crispy gnocchi, sausage, and broccoli all made on a sheet pan in about 30 minutes. It's the perfect weekday dinner everyone in the family can get behind.
- 250 grams gnocchi (1 package at 0.55 lbs)
- 3 links mild Italian sausage, sliced into 1/4" rounds
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, halved and 1 half thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Toss gnocchi, sausage and 1 tbsp of olive oil together. Place on sheet pan and bake for 15-8 minutes.
Toss broccoli with lemon slices and remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil. Remove sheet pan from oven and add broccoli, season all ingredients with salt and pepper, and toss ingredients together*.
Return pan to oven and bake for 12-15 more minutes or until all ingredients are golden brown, crispy and sausage** is cooked through.
Remove pan from oven and squeeze remaining lemon juice over pan. Serve immediately.
* This ensures all the ingredients get coated in the juices from the sausage, lemon, and oil, and will result in a tastier meal.
** pork sausages should always be cooked to 160° F and 165° F for chicken.