This Spiked Peach Iced Tea is refreshing, fruity, and so delicious. Giving you all the feel good summer feels!
Another Connecting Over Cocktails collaboration coming at you. Remember this Spring one? It had all the right notes for Spring and I’m pretty sure this Peachy Iced Tea will be my Summer sipping preference until Fall hits. It takes one of my favourite fruits and makes bourbon go down oh so easily. A tad too easily maybe.
The theme for this cocktail instalment is summer fruits and I’m so looking forward to seeing what my fellow bloggers came up with. Cocktails are at their prime for weekend patio sips with family, friends, and sunshine with all the amazing produce available. If you could have any summer cocktail made for you, what would you chose?
This recipe came about as I was going to do it for some sponsored content, but then decided to have a bunch of fun with it. Only, I didn’t love all my photos and just “had to” reshoot them a couple of times. The fact that they are incredibly good of course had nothing to do with it 😉 These iced tea slushy are pretty much my favourite way to enjoy drinking bourbon.
I love baking with bourbon, like in these Brown Sugar Bourbon Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies. The combination of brown sugar and bourbon together is obscenely good. Kind of like when bourbon and peaches mashup. What can sometimes be sickly sweet peachy simple syrup, turns into a magical fruit and vibrant beverage.
Yields 4 servings
This Spiked Peach Iced Tea is refreshing, fruity, and so delicious. Giving all the feel good summer feels!
2 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 4 cups (1 litre) sweetened lemon iced tea
- 6 oz. bourbon
- 3 medium peaches, pit removed and chopped (I left the skin on to achieve this pink hue in the photos)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place peaches, water, and sugar in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a strong simmer, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat and allow to cool. Once cooled, pour peaches and liquid through a fine mesh sieve into a freezer-proof container with a lid. Press firmly on the peaches to release liquid. Set strained peaches asides (reserve for ice cream or yogurt topping). Place liquid in freezer or at least 6-8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Combine iced tea and bourbon in a medium freezer-proof container with a lid. Freeze for at least 6-8 hours, preferably overnight.
- In a blender or food processor, blend frozen iced tea mixture until desired texture is achieved and place in the bottom of serving glasses.
- In a blender or food processor, blend peach liquid until desired texture is reached and place on top of blended iced tea mixture in each glasses.
Be sure to check out all the Summer goodness from my fellow Canadian Food Bloggers … don’t these sips look incredible? I can’t wait for happy hour!! (PS – links will go live throughout the day on Friday July 28th, be sure to check back in to check out all these crazy yummy cocktails!).
- Watermelon Frose Margaritas by Justine Celina
- Cherry Bourbon Lemonade Smash by Cooking in my Genes
- Clock Calm by Diversivore
- Blueberry Lemon Vodka Fizz by Killing Thyme
- Honeyed Blackcurrant Cordial by Mud on Her Boots
- The Friday Flame by Dish ‘n’ the Kitchen