Mouthwatering tacos in under 20 minutes!! These Flank Steak Tacos with Radish- Cilantro Salsa are a huge family-friendly meal!
This is a lightning fast dinner. Not to mention tasty. Very tasty. Seared flank steak, fresh crisp salsa, crumbled cheese … all on a warmed tortilla. Taco love my friends, taco love.
If you can’t find the cheeses listed below use feta. I used it in my first test run and it worked out well, although go easy in your salt seasoning as feta is saltier than the Mexican cheeses listed below. Also, make sure you slice the steak against the grain to make it more tender.
It’s a less expensive cut of steak, but you won’t miss a thing. Trust me. Just be sure to slice it against the grain!
Let me know how you feel about tacos. I tried a shrimp taco last night and it was slightly spicy with a creamy cabbage slaw … any interest?
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems divided
- 4 radishes trimmed, chopped
- 4 green onions white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 ripe avocado chopped OR serve with guacamole
- 12 cherry tomatoes quartered or 1 regular tomato chopped
- 6 thick slices of cucumber chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño seeds removed if desired, finely chopped (the seeds will make it spicier)
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 8 to rtillas warmed
- 2 oz. quesco fresco or Cotija cheese crumbled
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season steak with kosher salt and pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop half of cilantro and toss with radishes, onions, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, chile, lime juice, and remaining 2 tbsp of oil. Season salsa with salt and pepper.
Slice steak and serve on tortillas topped with salsa, cheese, and remaining cilantro.
Adapted from: Bon Appetit, June 2014
** photos and some text were updated in July 2017.