Refined sugar-free lemonade recipe with just the right amount sweetness and refreshing lemon flavour. Perfect for those warm summer days!
This homemade refined sugar-free lemonade is perfect for parties, “tea time” with the kids, and all the summer occasions. It’s a great for special treat for kids and easy to add a spirit for a fun adult patio sipper.
This lemonade recipe has 3 simple ingredients and is a no cook recipe which means more time sipping and less time in the kitchen (kind of summer should be, right?).
I usually figure out how quaky I am with what I feed my kids when we go to birthday parties or school events. Jello, iced tea, etc. are not things I ever think to offer my kids and when we go to parties and my kids get a sample they’re always surprised we don’t have it at home.
Lemonade is one of those things. It’s usually packed with sugar and I’d rather they have natural sugars from elsewhere (like fruit).
To make an “adult” version of this recipe simply add an ounce or two of vodka to a glass and top with lemonade. My kids and I preferred sparkling water in this recipe, it made it feel a little bit more special for certain.
How to make a homemade lemonade recipe:
Homemade lemonade has 3 basic ingredients: lemon juice, sweetener (usually sugar, but maple syrup here), and water or liquid substance to replace the water (sparkling water, club soda, soda, etc.).
All 3 ingredients are then added to a pitcher (or glass) and made into the refreshing and classic drink.
On our radar lately, beyond this summer sipper:
- Summer camp plans and how not to overbook ourselves this summer. It’s the last summer before my twins head to kindergarten so I want to have the ready for the longer days without me around, but also have a blast together this summer without having to be somewhere everyday.
- Our new coffee machine. Our very old drip coffee machine bit the dust and I’m so into this new one. I’ve never had a coffee machine that makes me want to not go get a coffee.
- Liv for Cake’s version of the royal wedding cake. GORGEOUS!! And yes, I’m still obsessed with all things royal family on Instagram.
- Vanilla Bean Blog‘s turnovers, but I keep switching up the flavours on the inside and of course I use store-bought pastry … any interest in seeing my take on the recipe over here?
- Melissa Clark’s cookbook, Dinner: Changing the Game, has turned into a full fledge obsession this week. Loved the pasta with cauliflower and capers, and I’m really excited about the Shrimp Bahn Mi which is happening next week.
- Wine from Kanazawa Winery (from Naramata, Canada). I went on a girls trip into the interior and this wine has been amazing. A #RoseAllDay kind of thing for certain. Perfect for Frosé maybe?
Refined sugar-free lemonade recipe with just the right amount sweetness and refreshing lemon flavour.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (around 4-6 large lemons)
- 1/4-1/3 cup maple syrup*
- 2 cups water (flat or sparkling)
Whisk lemon juice and maple syrup together until syrup is fully dissolved.
Add water (flat for regular lemonade or sparkling for fizzy lemonade) and serve over (lots of) ice.
- we like it with 1/4 cup of maple syrup, but we live on the tart side of lemonade. If you or your family is used to sweeter lemonade, I'd recommend using 1/3 cup.
Leave a Reply