Texas Ranch Water is a highball cocktail made from tequila, lime juice and mineral water. It’s refreshing and one of the easiest cocktails to make this Summer!
There’s a new refreshing cocktail in town and it’s this extremely easy to make Texas Ranch Water.
Made from 3 basic ingredients of tequila, lime juice and mineral water, it’s a breeze to make and low on sugar.
From the “research” I’ve done on this beverage it originates from the end of a long day at a Texas Ranch. Having never been to Texas, or to a proper Texas-like Ranch, I’m going to go with the theory that it’s the beverage of choice of Texas Ranchers after a long hot dusty day.
What is Ranch Water in Texas?
Ranch Water is a cocktail made from silver or blanco tequila, lime juice and mineral water (usually Topo Chico mineral water, but that’s hard to source up here in Canada so any mineral heavy mineral water will work).
How do you make Texas Ranch Water?
Combine equal parts tequila and lime juice over loads of ice and then top with mineral water – dead easy and quick!
No equipment is necessary, although I do recommend keeping your tequila in the freezer for the optimum refreshing cocktail.
Ingredients and Equipment:
- Chilled Blanco or Silver Tequila. My go to is Teremana Tequila (not affiliated or sponsored!)
- Fresh lime juice, although bottled could so in a pinch (make sure it’s chilled too!)
- Mineral Water. Again, very chilled if you can. Topo Chico is the “traditional” brand, however it’s challenging to source up here in Canada. I use a few different brands and my favourite is Montellier (not affiliated or sponsored).
- Chill, chill, chill!! This easy cocktail is made tastier by chilling all ingredients before hand.
Other easy cocktails:
Texas Ranch Water is a highly refreshing highball cocktail made from tequila, lime juice and mineral water.
- 2 oz blanco or silver tequila*, chilled preferably
- 2 oz lime juice, chilled preferably
- 2-4 oz mineral water, chilled preferably
Fill a highball-style glass with ice. Add tequila and lime juice. Give a quick little stir. Add tequila.
* gold or yellow tequila will also work here, it will tint the beverage a golden hue though.