I’ve been making versions of this recipe for a number of years now. I believe the original recipe came from a Design Sponge Camp Newspaper they released a number of years ago as a guide to camping. It was printed as a meal that could be made in a skillet over a fire. Since my family is fairly large by today’s standards and I like having leftovers so I don’t have to make a gazillion lunches I took inspiration from the original recipe and revamped it into a larger One Pan Sausage and Peaches with Potatoes and Peppers. It’s perfect for crazy summer nights, or even those nights you’re vacation and can’t think of being in the kitchen at all.
The appeal of it is fairly simple, it has whole, delicious summer ingredients that can be placed on a single pan (or extremely large skillet) and either baked in the oven or on the grill. Yes, you can grill baking pans and skillets. Crazy way to not be in the kitchen at all, right? I used my friend Natalie’s Fuzzy Peach Jam (from East Van Jam), as it creates this sticky sweet sauce that’s balanced by the herbal sage and hit of acid from a squeeze of lemon. Only don’t be like me and forget the sage for the photos (cue eye roll emoji). It really does make a big difference. I added in when I reheated it for supper later that day. Rosemary or oregano would be excellent substitutes if you don’t enjoy sage.
Greg loves this dish. I usually only make it once or twice per year, but he always says how much he loves it when we have it. This time, the kids loved it too. Well, they loved the sausages and peppers. Potatoes are a hard win over here and they didn’t quite understand why I cooked the peaches and changed the texture of them. They had a raw one in lieu so I guess that’s ok. I’m still taking it as a win since they ate more than half the ingredients. 😉
Easy One Pan Sausages and Peaches with Potatoes, Peppers and Sage.
5 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 6-8 sausages (I used bratwursts here, although turkey, chicken and Italian Sausage would all work well)
- 454 grams / 1 lbs baby/new potatoes, halved
- 3 peaches, halved and pit removed
- 4-6 mini peppers or 2 bell peppers, halved
- 2 tbsp peach or apricot jam
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6-10 sage leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven or grill 425°F.
- Place sausages, potatoes, peaches, peppers, jam, sage leaves, olive oil, and garlic on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Toss to fully coat ingredients with jam and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake or grill with the lid closed for 40-50 minutes, flipping all ingredients halfway, until all ingredients are starting to brown and are cooked through.
- Remove from oven or grill and squeeze lemon juice all over dish.