It’s holiday baking season and what’s Christmas without cookies? Good old St. Nick would probably have a thing or two to say about no cookies come Christmas Eve. This is one dreamy shortbread cookie recipe! …
This English Toffee Recipe gets a grownup spin with a touch of coffee and hazelnuts. It’s great for holiday gifting or simply have for entertaining when you need something sweet.
As our day of Remembrance has passed it’s going to be full on Christmas over here. I’m talking cookies, breakfasts, and anything else that is basically a Christmas Party in your mouth. To kick things off I’ve taken a classic chocolate chip cookie and made into my new favourite cookie. Ever.
If you like dunking cookies, this one’s for you. Or if you like insanely moist chocolate chip and toffee cookies coated in chocolate sauce with some light flaky sea salt on top … magic. And that’s what Christmas is all about. Magic moments. Here’s hoping we have a lot more of these lined up.
Salted topped chocolate chip and toffee cookie sticks.
15 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened in the microwave for 20-30 seconds
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a 13" x 9" baking pan with parchment paper or foil, extending paper/foil over the edges.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, and baking soda. Beat on medium until combined, scraping done sides every so often.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in flour.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and toffee pieces.
- Press dough down into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes or until light brown and middle is set. Cool in pan, on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Using foil lift out baked cookies.
- Cut in half lengthwise and then cut into 1/2" thick sticks. Place cut side down on an ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes until cut edges are dry.
- Carefully remove from and cook on wire racks.
- In a bowl combine remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 2 tbsp butter in a small bowl. Melt in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds (when's there's only a couple of lumps left take it out and stir to melt the rest).
- Dip cooled cookies sticks into melted chocolate and place on a wire rack to dry. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Allow chocolate to set, about 30 minutes.
* If you make this recipe be sure to tag #mykitchenlove