5 ingredient fluffy and indulgent no-bake S’mores Icebox Cake that celebrates all the good tastes of summer.
This S’mores Ice Box Cake was a hit with the adults and kids alike. It’s no wonder since it’s packed with marshmallows, layers of graham crackers, chocolate ganache, and marshmallow puff. I took it to tea with friends and we feasted on it … the feedback was great. I love trying recipes and sharing with friends. It was a bit of a risk since this is my first ice box cake, but it speaks more to the kid in us all.
The photo shoot for this recipe was hilarious. Baby Lucy was everywhere and only wanted to get her tiny fingers into the marshmallows. Somehow she always knows exactly what she shouldn’t be eating and goes directly for it. I guess the pillowy marshmallow texture calls all our names. I had a hard time grabbing any photos without trying to sway Lucy away with toys. Lucy will be 1 year old in a short month. Given my experience with this ice box cake I’m thinking she’d love a marshmallow cake for her birthday celebration.
5 ingredient fluffy and indulgent no-bake ice box cake that celebrates all the goodness of s'mores.
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 200 grams Hershey's milk chocolate bar (2 bars), chopped
- 1.5 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 jar (198 grams) marshmallow puff
- 6-8 full graham crackers (24-32 individual crackers, some may need to be cut to size)
- Place whipping cream in a small sauce pan and gently warm over low heat. Once warm, remove from heat and add chopped chocolate. Let sit for 3-5 minutes and stir to dissolve chocolate. Place in fridge to cool.
- Line a 9"x5" loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving overhang on all sides.
- Once ganache is cool, remove from fridge and layer cake. Place marshmallows on the bottom of the tin,top with half the ganache, then graham crackers. Top with a layer of marshmallow puff (using approximately half the puff) then graham crackers. Another layer of ganache and then crackers, puff, crackers again. Cover completely with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours (overnight is best).
- If desired, remove from plastic wrap, top with more marshmallows and carefully toast the marshmallows on top with a kitchen torch. Cut into slices using a warm knife.