Brown Sugar Peach Puffs are an easy and scrumptious dessert! 4 ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes. Brown sugar and peaches were made for each other!
The fastest dessert you’ll ever bake. Two ripe peaches tossed with brown sugar and placed on puffed pastry. That’s it that’s all. Even more to amazing when topped with vanilla ice cream. A pretty sweet end to your next dinner party. Or as it is often the case in this house, a sweet end to a regular dinner. The day’s not done if I don’t eat dessert.
The peaches available at my local grocer are perfect right now. I’m completely smitten with the tree ripened peaches. For me, they have a bit more depth in their juice and sweetness. Over the sink kind of eating which I think is just perfect for this seasonal fruit.
Here’s a quick video on this recipe. Be kind, it’s my first, but was a lot of fun to make.
** photos and video were updated/added to this post on August 15, 2017.
Yields 6-8 servings
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 a 17.3 oz package of puffed pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 2 large ripe peaches, pitted and cut into 1/2" wedges
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- a small squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to measure 10" x 8". Cut into 6 or 8 equal pieces depending upon how large you'd like each slice to be. Place on parchment lined baking tray. Prick puff pastry all over with a fork leaving a border of about 1/4".
- Toss peach slices with brown sugar, butter and lemon juice (if using) in a medium bowl.
- Top pastry with brown sugar peaches and bake for 25-30, rotating the pan partway through.
- Eat on it's own or for total indulgence serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or slightly sweetened whip cream.
Adapted from: Plum Tarts with Honey and Black Pepper, Bon Appetit