Bright and fresh Easy Ground Beef Taco Recipe with a delicious corn salsa. Messy, with loads of taco flavour and fresh vegetables.
Tacos all day every day please! This is our number 1 go to recipe for tacos. We make this Easy Ground Beef Taco Recipe a couple of times per month, with a rotation of salsas.
Packed with tasty savoury goodness and a crazy easy taco seasoning recipe that will become a household staple – you probably already have all the ingredients already.
Adding in the salsa brightens up the dish and lends some fresh flavours. Plus, it’s corn and lime … a continuation of a summer celebration with all the bright colours and flavours that can be enjoyed all year round with some small adjustments.
If you don’t have all the spices I’ve listed below feel free to use a taco seasoning pack; it’ll work just as well.
More easy taco recipes we love:
- 1 lbs extra-lean ground beef
- 14 oz can black beans, drained and well rinsed
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 ears corn, husked and quickly par boiled (about 3 minutes in a rolling boil)
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium limes, juiced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 8 small corn tortillas, quickly pan fried as per package directions
- 2 tbsp shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, optional
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced, optional
- 1 small lime, cut into wedges
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add ground beef. Cook until browned. Drain any excessive fat from pan.
Add beans and spices and mix well. Continue to cook until beans are heated and pan is fragrant.
Place sliced red onion in a small bowl and top with red wine vinegar, let sit for a few minutes before serving on the side as a garnish.
With a sharp knife, carefully remove corn kernels from husks and place in a medium bowl.
Mix together corn with bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
To assemble place beef mixture on top of tortilla and add salsa. Garnish as desired.